The Divas have been having a lot of fun of late, discussing all the places our characters have done the dirty. Sami made a list first, which you can see right here. Then it was Lexxie’s turn. (Click here for her list.)
The thing is with erotic romance writing, our characters do the dirty A LOT! And let’s face it, if they confined themselves to their bedrooms, things could start to get a wee bit boring, no? So it’s up to us, the authors, to throw our characters into places or situations that’ll spice up the scenes.
Truth is, very few of my love scenes take place in the bedroom. All too often, they’re so keen to get it on, that soft, comfortable bed is just too damn far away. So, where have they done it? Well let’s see:
1) In the lounge room. (That seems to be a favorite of mine. There’s even a scene on a couch which takes place as the NYE midnight firework show begins. And oh, yeah, there are a lot of fireworks!)
2) In the dining room. (On the table and a chair. Different books though.)
3) In the bathroom. (Not in the shower or bath, as you’d expect…)
4) A gazebo in the middle of a rose garden. (Several times. Turns out the gazebo was a special place for this hero and heroine.)
5) The dressing room of a sports stadium. (With sixty thousands people packed into said stadium.)
6) An outdoor spa/jacuzzi.
7) A doctor’s waiting room.
8) On the deck of a boat.
9) On the ladder of a boat.
10) In an office. (With someone watching through the window. And without someone watching through the window. And in his office chair. And her office couch.)
11) In the garden during a party.
12) In his parents’ garden, behind the massive eucalyptus tree. (Don’t worry. It was night. The parents never saw a thing.)
13) On the balcony of a hotel room. (Man, I adore love scenes set in hotel rooms! I have heaps of them.)
14) Tied to a chair. (Well, she was. He’d gotten free by then.)
15) On a bar. (With three hot men! How’s that for one lucky lady?)
16) On a poker table. (Never fear, the cards and chips had been packed away.)
17) On a kitchen table. (Sturdy table that one.)
18) On the trunk of a car on the side of a road in broad daylight. (Phew, lucky the road was deserted.)
19) On a cliff overlooking the ocean. (Spectacular views, I might add.)
20) In her dreams. (And his)
Now, for the fun bit…A CONTEST!
Each day any commenter who can match up at least one of that author’s books with its corresponding sex location will go in the draw to win a set of four backlist books–winner’s choice, one from each of us. So, for eg, you might say that the love scenes in the gazebo are from Red Red Wine – and you’d be right. (I gave that one away because I’m super cool that way :D ). Do you get the picture? Match up as many or as few as you can.
Have fun. (Oh, and don’t be shy to add a couple of places you might have tried. Who knows? They may just land up in a Diva book one day.) ;)