So I have to come up with my favorite love quote? How can I pick one? I couldn’t so I decided to make it a TOP FIVE LIST, yay! Because I haven’t done one in a while. So here goes
1. I started with music, because to me music is always so evocative, especially when you’re listening to a true master poet like Bob Dylan:
When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one there to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love.
Too Make You Feel My Love – Bob Dylan
Seriously one of the most touching songs ever written. Those words say love to me.
2. BUT so does something quirky like this:
“We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.”
― Robert Fulghum, True Love
3. AND something that rings so completely true, like this:
Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile
Franklin P Jones
4. Let’s not forget about self-love either. No, I don’t mean that kind :). I mean the love of self, the most important love affair of our lives. It’s probably ironic that one of my favorite of these types of quotes comes from a woman who you wouldn’t immediately imagine had a strong sense of self, but these words tell the real story:
“I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Munroe
5. You know I love movies, right? It’s soooo hard to pick my favorite love quote from a movie. In fact it probably deserves another list but I won’t go on with that now. Instead I’ll pick the most poignant, meaningful, heart-felt quote I can think of.
Nobody puts Baby in a corner
Johnny Castle – Dirty Dancing
What? What? That’s totally cool. He’s standing up to her dad, defending her, bringing her from the shadows into the light because only he understands how brightly she can shine, and he’s letting everyone know with his passion how much he loves her. And all in only 6 words, none of which are the word ‘love’. I likes it :).
So what’s your favorite love quote from a book, movie, song, or even from your grandma. Tell us!